Mar 14, 2009

Farah Khan talks about her choreography comeback


MUMBAI: "Par log mujhe kahin jaane hi kahan dete hai", quips Farah Khan when questioned about her so called 'comeback' to the world of choreography, courtesy the Kylie Minogue song picturisation for the film Blue.

"I try to take a break from choreography and concentrate on directing films but at frequent intervals, something interesting comes up. Moreover, it's mainly friends with whom I am working with so when they come with a proposal, it's difficult to say no", says Farah who had last choreographed 'Desi Girl' for Dostana.

"There again I couldn't say no. People forget though that the gap that I now have between the songs that I choreograph has become huge. The song for Blue has been shot six months after I last called the shots for 'Desi Girl'", informs Farah.

Apart from friends, what is it that keeps bringing her back on the stage for choreographing a song or two when the fact is that long time back, she had supposedly hung up her boots and promised to stick to directing films?

"The overall setup matters as well", Farah makes a point here, "For me to leave my three babies back home, there has to be some real good reason. Here I was working with Tony (the film's director) whom I know since the days of JO JEETA WAHO SIKANDAR. Do you know that he had even acted in the film as one of the cycle riders? We became friends then and have been in touch since then. Then there was Akshay Kumar, Rahman, Kylie and of course Ashtvinayak (producers) - the combination was good enough for me to go for the song."

News via http://www.asianews.com.pk
Share