Feb 28, 2009

Sonal Chauhan Says Romantic Music Makes Me Happy


Actress, Sonal Chauhan talks about her fitness mantra to TOI.
My workout regime:
l I don’t follow a strict regime. Fortunately I’m blessed with a good metabolism, so I can afford to skip my workout at times. Actors don’t have fixed timings of work — sometimes we work for 24 hours at a stretch — like I did last week for a song in Bangalore. After an exhausting shoot like that, there was no way any of us could hit the gym the next day, but I try to work out as and when I can because it refreshes me. On those days that I hit the gym, I alternate between cardio and weight training. I also do yoga whenever I’m not exercising. It keeps me fresh and energetic. I also like cycling. Besides, a good run is always refreshing. Being in Bollywood means a lot of dancing, so that should be counted as a fitness mantra too!

My daily diet:
l Breakfast is the most important meal for me. I start my day with a glass of vegetable juice and a glass of orange juice with two egg whites and toast. Apart from that I eat everything, like burgers and pizzas, pani puri to Chinese. Italian is my favourite cuisine and all Italian dishes are so full of cheese! I do, however, believe in having small portions for my meals. As such I end up eating six to eight small meals that keep me going through the day. When one eats two or three times a day, one tends to overeat, which is why it is better to have small meals to do away with overeating.
My happiness quotient:
l My happiness quotient lies in music. I love romantic music. Things that I see around me, like happy children crossing the street as I pass by or seeing cute little puppies also pep me up.
These are all very small things but they give me tremendous joy. I feel happy when people around me are happy and of course spending time with my family gives me immense happiness.

My idea of relaxation:
l Relaxation to me means two words: sleep and shop. I am a total shopaholic! Some people get tired of shopping but it really does rejuvenate me! It stimulates me creatively and gets me to experiment. And sleeping, what can I say, I can sleep anywhere, anytime…no fuss! If you ask me to stand at a bus stop and fall asleep, believe me, I will!








News Via www.asianews.com.pk

Share