Feb 11, 2009

Aishwarya Rai’s New Friend in NY


Guess who’s Aishwarya Rai Bachchan’s new friend? The American model, TV hostess, actress, singer and businesswoman Tyra

Banks.

The two beauties discovered kindred souls in each other the moment Ash went onto The Tyra Banks Show in New York after the premiere of Pink Panther 2 on February 2. They hit it off from the word go. And, after the show, Tyra invited Ash for lunch. The twosome went to a downtown restaurant and talked like there was no tomorrow.

They decided to stay in touch thereafter. Something else that Ash did in NY that was not in character was the way she dressed for the premiere and pink carpet — yes, in the Big Apple, they don’t do a red carpet. Giving up her trademark saree,

she opted for a black Ferretti designer gown worn with Jimmy Choo iamond-strapped shoes and an Armani clutch-purse. She explained, “I love the saree and if people think of me as the global representative of the beautiful apparel then I’m happy.

But I also like to surprise myself and others. Just like doing the hot babe act in Dhoom 2 and the Rajput princess in Jodhaa-Akbar. Both the avatars are me. And I’m equally comfortable in a gown.”


News via http://www.asianews.com.pk/

Share