Feb 12, 2009

Abhishek Jealous From Aishwarya Rai


Bollywood star Abhishek Bachchan, whose ‘Drona’ failed to attract the interest of the wider public in 2008, has big hopes from his upcoming film ‘Dilli 6’. Directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, the film will hit theatres on Feb 20.

In Dilli 6, Abhi is playing the role of ‘Roshan Mehra’, who is born and brought up in New York. Roshan has never been to India but the path of the movie brings him to his ancestral home for the first time. The challenge of the role was to stick out and blend into the surroundings.

While Rakeysh’s movie talks of Abhi’s character discovering India, Abhishek said that he is a very patriotic person, and wants to do something for the sake of country.

The actor said, “I want to do something about the level of education in our country. Education is very important and I am here because my parents gave me a fantastic education. And only education can take the country far.”

After ‘Yuva’ and ‘Guru’, Abhishek is working with Mani Ratnam for the third time in ‘Ravana’ where his co-star is his loving wife Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.

“With Mani, one is very excited because I know that he is going to guide me into a brilliantly crafted movie. I hope he has enough trust in me and I don’t let him down,” he said.

But recently, what made the actor jealous was the verity that Aishwarya got the chance to work along with his childhood idol.

On this, Abhi said, “We were at the premiere of ‘The Pink Panther 2’ and it was great fun. It’s a hilarious film. Steve Martin is a genius. I am very jealous of Ash. He is someone I have been idolising when I was growing up. And Ash gets the opportunity to work with the likes of Steve Martin and Jeremy Irons!”


News via http://www.asianews.com.pk

Share