Jan 24, 2010

Horror Film Legion Released


Horror Film Legion Released, British actor Paul Bettany leads the cast of the new horror film "Legion."The movie presents a disturbing vision of the Apocalypse that culminates in a showdown between God and man. Bettany portrays the powerful archangel Michael, who comes to Earth on a prophesied Judgment Day to help the remaining humans survive a coming slaughter.
The 38-year-old London-born, classically-trained actor explained why he was interested in the role. "Well, I've never had the opportunity to be the good guy in an action movie before. And, you know, that was a draw. And I really liked the script. It felt actually like a sort of hearkening back to sort of '70s movies that I grew up loving. And movies like 'Dawn of the Dead.'"
Bettany also talked about concerns many people seem to have about an end times scenario being unleashed on Earth. "I think we all are. Even if you don't sort of believe in it in a sort of Biblical way. And I think its sort of in our culture, and I think everybody's like completely, and rightly so, very worried about our way in which we're damaging the world in which we live. So I think it's really out there in the ether." "Legion" also stars American actors Dennis Quaid, Tyrese Gibson and Adrianne Palicki.
Quaid said he is skeptical about a looming Apocalypse. "I think people romanticize about the end of the world," smiled the 55-year-old actor. "It makes us feel like our lives our bigger. Like our humdrum lives are a little bit bigger than they are. And, but once it actually comes about, bad things happen, and it's really kind of a drag."
Palicki shared that although she also doesn't think the world will end in her lifetime, she believes many people are anxious and intrigued by the possibility. "Well, you know, I think it's always possible," said Palicki, 26. "I don't think I'm going to see it. I hope not anyways. We, you know, definitely we're headed in that direction. And, that's the interest there, as well as a lot of books and talk. There's talk of the world ending in 2012 or what not. So I think it's getting closer, and I think more people are getting scared about it. The more scared they are about it, the more they want to see it."
R&B singer-turned-actor Tyrese Gibson said he is not worried about a Judgment Day, but noted that he was pleased to be a member of the cast. "I don't believe world is ending," shared Gibson, 31. "But I was happy to be a part of this film, as a student of film. Looking to learn as much as I could learn from the likes of Paul Bettany and Dennis Quaid and Charles Dutton, and everybody else. So I had a great time, and I hope people enjoy the film."
"Legion" was directed by Scott Stewart, a visual effects guru-turned-filmmaker. Films exploring similar end-of-the-world themes, "The Road" with Viggo Mortensen, and "The Book of Eli," starring Denzel Washington, were released earlier this year. "Legion" opened across North America on Friday, January 22.

Share