Jun 27, 2009

I’d never snatch someone’s boyfriend: Anjana



She’s out to prove that she’s not just a pretty face but can act too.

After a promising start in Salaam-e-Ishq, Anjana Sukhani’s career didn’t take off as most people thought it would. So what exactly went wrong? “Well, to begin with, I didn’t have the proper guidance. I made decisions that did not work in my favour,” confesses Anjana.
Ask her if she’s bitter about the way her career met a roadblock, and she replies, “I’m not bitter at all. One needs to make mistakes in life to make better choices in future.”

Though she rues the way her career has shaped up, the audience did get to see Anjana in a couple of films, mostly multi-starrers, much like her debut film. But somehow they did not work in her favour. “I’ve got totally lost in the multi-starrers that I’ve done so far. I wasn’t able to stand out, unlike the way I did in Salaam-e-Ishq.”
So, why did she do them in the first place? “I did Golmaal Returns because I knew it was gonna be a hit. It’s also great to share screen space with actors like Ajay, Arshad, Shreyas, Tusshar and Kareena. Plus it’s always good to have a hit to your name!” quips the actor.

But Anjana is ready to leave all this behind her. Right now, she is geared up for the release of her first solo lead, Jashn. “Jashn is a very emotionally charged film. I must thank the Bhatts for giving it,” she says. Working for the first time as a solo heroine too was a unique experience for her. “So far I’ve just worked in multi-starrers, so I was not used to being in almost every scene in the film,” laughs the actor, her sense of humour in place.
But even before the promos could hit the screen, rumours of her being the cause of the break-up between Adhyayan and lady-love Kangna Ranaut hit headlines. “I would never snatch someone’s boyfriend. There are a lot of other men in the world,” she says. “Adhyayan and I were seen together often as we would go out promoting our film,” she sets the record straight once and for all.

Life now seems to be looking up for Anjana, who has quite a few films in her kitty. “I have a couple of films lined up. There is Tum Milo Toh Sahi with Nana Patekar and Dimple Kapadia. I just want to keep working. And I know that I won’t disappoint the critics and audiences,” she says before signing off.
Share