Apr 5, 2009

The Award Goes to Priyanka Chopra


Priyanka Chopra is on cloud nine. And why not? Just a few days ago, the actor received the Nielsen Box Office Award at the Asian Film Awards in Hong Kong for her “outstanding contribution to Asian film industry”.

Considered a strong bastion from film-makers from China and Hong Kong, Piggy Chops knows that it’s a feat. “I have been in the industry just for five years. And if you win an award for your contribution to Asian cinema in this time span, it is quite flattering. It is nice to get an award which is not dedicated to a particular country. Film-makers from Japan, Korea, China and other countries get felicitated there,” Priyanka told DNA.

The former Miss World says she was excited to meet Chinese action queen Michelle Yeoh and Platoon and Born on the Fourth of July director Oliver Stone at the awards night.

“Michelle was a jury member and she told me you are representing your country. I felt heavy with responsibility at that time. Michelle is a lovely person and her aura is mind-blowing,” Priyanka adds.

Off late, awards, accolades and box office hits have become a habit for Priyanka. And now with people in the industry debating whether she, Kareena Kapoor or Katrina is number one, we asked her what she felt about the entire thing.

“I don’t think I’m number one. It’s too frivolous as it depends on your box office luck. If you get a hit, you are number one, if you don’t, you are number 10,” she says.

Priyanka has also been in a lot of news for her alleged affair with Shahid Kapur. She says, “I will only come out and reveal whom I love to the world when I’m dead sure that I want to spend the rest of my life with that man.”


News via http://www.asianews.com.pk

Share